Contract Management Leadership Development Program (CMLDP)
CMLDP is a award-winning, 12-month program focused on providing leadership training to educate future leaders in the profession.
Discover the Program
Graduates of the award-winning 12-month program are recognized standouts in: contract management, pricing, program management, finance and accounting, procurement, logistics, legal, business development, and other related professions. Graduates of the complimentary program will receive the following:
- Leadership training from professional experts.
- Career and course guidance throughout the program by contracting professionals (senior leaders & CMLDP alumni).
- Improve professional writing skills. Students will receive expert feedback on writing assignments and project briefings.
- Improve public speaking through expert led sessions and practice opportunities.
- Perform group project with guidance from assigned project mentors to learn how to solve real-world contract management problems.
- Receive >160 CPE hours.
- Upon graduation, receipt of one complimentary Certification Online Preparatory Course.
- Networking access to government and industry leaders at National and chapter levels.
- Students complete a behavior & personality self-assessment, a tool used to improve work productivity, teamwork, leadership, and communication.
- Upon graduation, the CMLDP class automatically becomes part of an elite group, the Alumni Community. This group works on special projects for NCMA HQ, holds alumni community networking opportunities and social events.
Download Justification Packet
Interested in Becoming a CMLDP Mentor
NCMA is currently looking for mentors from the community to foster CMLDP. Current opportunities include:
- Career mentor
- Program mentor (CMLDP alumni only)
- Group mentor
- Subject matter expert panelist
Submit your form by September 9, 2022 3:00 PM Eastern.
Questions about mentorship? Join our free live event on August 29, 2022 12:00 PM Eastern Time where we will discuss in detail. Sign up today!
Apply to be a Mentor!
Class of 2024
The application period for the CMLDP's Class of 2024 will open in 2023; an exact date is yet to be determined. If you have any questions about the program FAQs are listed below for your convenience. Contact [email protected] with any additional questions.