Contract Management Body of Knowledge® (CMBOK®)
A must-have reference for contract management professionals, based on our internationally recognized third-party standard.
CMBOK® 7th Edition Now Available for Pre-Order!
The latest edition of CMBOK® will be available in January 2023.
What is the CMBOK?
The seventh edition of the CMBOK is driven by the reaffirmation of the Contract Management StandardTM. Significant changes from the CMBOK sixth edition to the seventh edition include:
New numbering system to align with the CMS
Updates the definition of “contract”
Emphasizes the impact of life cycle phases on one another
New sub-competencies “Emotional Intelligence” and “Change Management”
Adds Category Management, Earned Value Management and Sustainable Procurement.
Other additions including new sections, appendices, and more!
What are the Seven Core Competencies of the CMBOK?
The CMBOK explains the seven core competencies that serve as essential building blocks for successful contracting practitioners and leaders.
- Leadership - Find out why adept leadership skills are necessary for Contract Management professionals at all levels.
- Management - Discover how management competency involves setting goals to enhance both individual proficiency and organizational capability.
- Guiding Principles - Learn how to look for defining principles through all phases of the contract life cycle, no matter what each unique situation throws your way.
- Pre-Award - Familiarize yourself with the first phase of the contract life cycle, when buyers produce solicitations and sellers prepare offers.
- Award - Let us walk you through this often-complicated phase in which the buyer and seller work together to produce a contract.
- Post-Award - Dig into contract execution and completion — the contract administration process.
- Learn - Continuing education ensures Contract Managers’ commitment to professional development and lifelong learning.
NCMA strives to continually improve the CMBOK® to ensure it best represents practice. We seek your opinion on strengths, shortcomings, and suggestions for improvements. Please share your feedback for review by the appropriate NCMA body.
Reserve Your Copy of CMBOK® 7th Edition Today!
Coming January 2023!
NCMA is proud to announce the publication of the Seventh Edition of the Contract Management Body of Knowledge® (CMBOK®), available in the NCMA bookstore. This update is driven by the changes in the Third Edition of the CMS™, which serves as the CMBOK’s foundation.
The CMBOK® Seventh Edition provides a common understanding of the terminology, practices, policies, and processes used in contract management.
The seventh edition of the CMBOK is driven by the reaffirmation of the Contract Management Standard™. Significant changes from the CMBOK sixth edition to the seventh edition include:
- New numbering system to align with the CMS
- Updates the definition of “contract”
- Emphasizes the impact of life cycle
- New sub-competencies “Emotional Intelligence” and “Change Management”
- Adds Category Management, Earned Value Management and Sustainable Procurement.
- Other additions including new sections, appendices, and more!
CMBOK® As A Textbook
NCMA offers a 15% discount on CMBOK® hardcopy book orders when used as a course book at the college/university level. Faculty can request this discount for their students by contacting [email protected].
Purchase Hardcopy from NCMA Bookstore