Contract Management Body of Knowledge® (CMBOK®)
Must-have reference for contract management professionals, based on our internationally recognized third party standard.
What is the CMBOK?
What are the Seven Core Competencies of the CMBOK?
The CMBOK explains the seven core competencies that serve as essential building blocks for successful contracting practitioners and leaders.
- Leadership - Find out why adept leadership skills are necessary for Contract Management professionals at all levels.
- Management - Discover how management competency involves setting goals to enhance both individual proficiency and organizational capability.
- Guiding Principles - Learn how to look for defining principles through all phases of the contract life cycle, no matter what each unique situation throws your way.
- Pre-Award - Familiarize yourself with the first phase of the contract life cycle, when buyers produce solicitations and sellers prepare offers.
- Award - Let us walk you through this often-complicated phase in which the buyer and seller work together to produce a contract.
- Post-Award - Dig into contract execution and completion — the contract administration process.
- Learn - Continuing education ensures Contract Managers’ commitment to professional development and lifelong learning.
NCMA strives to continually improve the CMBOK® to ensure it best represents practice. We seek your opinion on strengths, shortcomings, and suggestions for improvements. Please share your feedback for review by the appropriate NCMA body.
Now Available as an eBook on Amazon!
Get your copy today
NCMA is proud to announce the publication of the Sixth Edition of the Contract Management Body of Knowledge® (CMBOK). This update is driven by the changes in the Second Edition of the CMS™, which serves as the CMBOK’s foundation.
The CMBOK® Sixth Edition provides a common understanding of the terminology, practices, policies, and processes used in contract management.
The eBook version of the CMBOK® gives readers the ability to experience the CMBOK® using all the features of an e-reader, including the ability to search, zoom in and jump around between chapters. It also links terms and figures throughout making it easier to go directly to lexicon definitions, related references, competencies, etc.
Learn more about the primary adjustments from the Fifth Edition to the Sixth Edition.
Book - Members: $60.00 | Nonmembers: $90.00
eBook - see Amazon for pricing
Purchase eBook from Amazon
Purchase Hardcopy from NCMA Bookstore