Leadership Development Program
Program Features and Benefits
Graduates of the award-winning Leadership Development Program are recognized standouts in the field of Contract Management. Here are some of the tangible benefits you’ll receive.
- Live, in-person leadership training from professional experts
- Career guidance and feedback throughout the program from two senior-level mentors
- Opportunity to publish two professional papers in Contract Management Magazine
- > 160 CPE hours
- One Certification Online Preparatory Course at no cost (CPCM™, CFCM™ or CCCM™) within one year of graduation
- Networking access to government and industry leaders, at both the national and chapter levels
Application for Class of 2023
The application for the CMLDP Class of 2023 will be available in the Spring of 2022. Contact [email protected] with any questions.
You are eligible if you have:
- NCMA member in good standing
- At least four years but no more than 8 years of experience in contract management
- Not yet held a supervisory or management position (or have < 1 year experience)
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- A strong desire to become a leader
- A recommendation from your employer as a top performer who will thrive and benefit from the program
The program is free, but you MUST be an NCMA member to apply. Participants are responsible for travel-related costs to attend in-person training events (SubCon, World Congress, and GCMS). Expenses may be covered fully or partially by employers or local chapters. A budget worksheet is included with the application.
The Leadership Development Program is time-intensive. Participants must commit to the following:
- Participation in CMLDP activities at NCMA's three national conferences (SubCon, World Congress, and GCMS) over the course of the 10-month program
- Individual, small group and team projects
- Regular communication with mentors
- Completion of research papers
- NCMA involvement at the local Chapter or national level for two full years after graduation
Cassandra Manos is a 2012 graduate of CMLDP and is a long-time course
mentor. She is an active NCMA member and has served on several
national-level committees and working groups in addition to volunteering
as an officer and chair for local chapters. Cassandra holds an M.A. in
Legal and Ethical Studies from the University of Baltimore, an MBA in
Accounting and Finance from Loyola College and a B.A. in Economics from
Loyola College. In addition, she earned the Certified Professional
Contracts Manager (CPCM), Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) and
Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM) certifications. Cassandra
is a Senior Contracts Manager at Booz Allen Hamilton where she leads
the Other Transactions Team. Prior to joining Booz Allen, Cassandra
worked for several large contractors and her clients included the
federal government, state and local governments, international
organizations and commercial companies.
Cassandra Manos, CPCM, CFCM, CCCM, Fellow | CMLDP Coach 2021-2022
NCMA serves the contract
management community impartially and with courtesy and respect
regardless of age, gender, religion, ethnicity, disability, or national
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the application submission deadline? Application dates and deadlines will be available in Spring 2021.
- Is there a fee to apply? There is no application fee.
- Where do I send my application? Email your completed application to [email protected].
- When will candidates be notified? Application dates and deadlines will be available in Spring 2021.
- When will online interviews occur for the 2nd round candidates? Application dates and deadlines will be available in Spring 2021.
- When will candidates be notified they were accepted into the Class of 2022? Accepted candidates will be notified by early September 2021.
- How many students will be accepted into the class? The number of students accepted varies between 15 and 25.
- If selected, when does the class begin? The Class of 2022 will begin October 1, 2021.
- Will I be required to attend in-person events? Yes, depending on COVID-19 restrictions, CMLDP students are required to attend 3 in person events – GCMS, SubCon, and World Congress. The dates of these events can be found on the application.
- Do I have to pay to attend in-person events? Students do not have to pay registration fees to attend GCMS, SubCon, or World Congress. Students are responsible for travel and hotel costs.
- How may credit hours will I receive? Students receive at least 160 credit hours.
- How long does it take to complete the program? The program runs for 10 months, students that have met all criteria will graduate at World Congress 2022.
Current Class and Past CMLDP Graduates
CMLDP Class of 2022
- James Brandon Allphin, Industrial Tent Systems (Space City Houston)
- Markeisha Bonds, COLSA Corporation (Huntsville)
- Amy Collins, Oak Ridge Associated Universities (East Tennessee)
- Derek Francisco, SRC, Inc. (Leatherstocking)
- Arina Hooks, HD Supply (Atlanta)
- Tamaria Johnson, GDIT (Dulles Corridor)
- Amina Khaliq, UT-Battelle/ORNL (East TN)
- Casey McCracken, CFCM, CPCM, U.S. Department of Energy – Office of Science (East TN)
- Samantha Netzband, CFCM, CCMA, CCCM, BAE Systems (Leatherstocking)
- James Pitcher, US Air Force (Dayton)
- Amanda Reyes, Ball Aerospace & Technology (Denver)
View the list
Stay up to date on current news, notes & events for CLMDP alumni with The Leader.
September 2021 Issue