At the heart of all commercial-style contracting is negotiation. This is especially true of deals done under Other Transaction Authority. Creating prototypes of groundbreaking capabilities hand-in-hand with innovators takes patience, savvy, and smart collaboration. More importantly, it takes a genuine understanding of mutual incentives to drive success and become comfortable with deals outside the standard government mold. Join this webinar for a master class on the finer points of negotiating government deals at the speed of the private sector including examples and strategies for getting to a creative win-win.
- Brian Serra, Vice President, Acquisition Initiatives & Engagement for Cole Engineering Services, Inc.
- Benjamin McMartin, Managing Partner, Public Spend Forum
1. Leverage the impact of mutual incentives to achieve a successful negotiation.
2. Embrace creativity in business arrangements.
3. Review how federal law overrides commercial terms and conditions when the government is the buyer.
CMBOK Competencies: 3.2 “Contract Principles”; 3.4 "Regulatory Compliance"; 4.0 “Pre-Award”
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Intended Audience: Defense Acquisition and Contracting Community
Credits: 1.5 CPE/CLP credits for participation in webinar.
$50 member/$63 non-member. To register a group, email [email protected] with the company name, webinar date, and number of attendees.
Webinars are presented via Adobe Connect services. Requirements to attend virtual session on various devices can be found here.