Health and Safety
We are working extremely hard to create a comfortable and sanitary environment for all attendees. Working closely with the venue, we will be implementing health requirements for attendees, speakers, and staff, redesigning space to facilitate proper social distancing, providing hand sanitizer, providing clean and sanitized meal service, and increasing cleansing and disinfection frequency. For more information on what UVA Darden Sands Family Grounds, please go here.
Your well-being is NCMA’s #1 priority. Here’s what we’re doing to protect you:
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or negative COVID-19 PCR Test. NCMA is requiring all in-person participants, including speakers, sponsors and exhibitors, and staff, to take a health screening test and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative PCR test (for those granted an exception) taken within 3 days of arrival at SubCon on December 2 or December 1 if you are arriving for pre-conference events.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the event.
- Social Distanced Seating. Current distancing guidelines will be followed for the set in each session room and in all open spaces. There will be seating based on comfort level in all large general session and breakout rooms on a first come, first serve basis.
- Red Zone – 6'row/6’aisle - Strict social distancing
- Yellow Zone – 3' row/6’aisle - Comfortable with an elbow bump
- Green Zone - 3’ row/3’aisle - Comfortable around others, handshakes
Please select a red, yellow or green sticker for your badge at registration to indicate your comfort level.
- Mask Policy. Masks will be required for all participants except when presenting or actively eating or drinking. If you need a mask, you may pick one up at registration. All participants will need to follow local guidelines and while traveling to include ground transportation, airports, and transportation.
If you do not feel safe attending after registering for in-person, refuse to submit your proof COVID-19 vaccination or negative PCR test within three days of my arrival at the event, or get sick with similar COVID-19 symptoms prior to SUBCON, we will switch your registration to virtual and refund you the difference between in-person and virtual registration with written notice at least 24 hours prior to March 23, 2022.
If you contract COVID-19 after returning home from SubCon or have questions about NCMA’s Health and Safety plan, please contact Julia Bardnell at [email protected].
- Look out for email from NCMA Meetings on the steps needed to take to attest your status or test results two weeks prior to SUBCON through a HIPAA compliant third-party platform, CrowdPass.
- Take your PCR test within 3 days of arrival at SubCon, or
- Submit proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status.
- Complete your health screening.
- When you arrive, you must stop at the Health Screening Station before going to badge pick up. You must show their green checkmark from your CrowdPass check in before picking up their badge.
We have assembled this list of resources to assist you with your travel and safety inquires: