2021 Curated Content* & Deadlines
Our editorial philosophy is focused on helping industry professionals do their jobs more effectively, efficiently and profitably by providing a balance of business-and technical-related content.
*Editorial Calendar is tentative and subject to change
View 2022 Editorial Content
||Ad Space Deadline
||Ad Materials Deadline
||July 9, 2021
||July 13, 2021
||August 9, 2021
||August 11, 2021
||September 7, 2021
||September 9, 2021
||October 4, 2021
||October 6, 2021
October 2021 - Compliant Contracting
The statutory and regulatory landscape of contracting is not only complex, but ever-changing. Topical coverage:
- Compliance with laws, regulations, and other rules and standards (e.g., the CMMC)
- Audits and accounting
- Subcontractor flowdown compliance
- Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (CPSRs)
November 2021 - Cost and Pricing
Ensuring fair and reasonable pricing through cost and price analysis. Topical coverage:
- Cost analysis, pricing, and price analysis
- The FAR’s Cost Principles
- Trade-off, best value, etc.
- Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
December 2021 - Year in Review/2022 Outlook
A review of the year’s major events, policy changes, etc., and looking ahead at what next year may bring. Topical coverage:
- Analysis of major legislative, regulatory, case law, and policy updates
- Success stories, hurdles encountered, etc.
- Recommendations for changes/improvements
- Looking forward to the 2022 landscape.
Article/Content Submission Deadlines
||August 2, 2021
||September 1, 2021
Submissions for the following departments and columns are accepted year-round.
- Clause Corner | Analysis of one common contract clause- its history, purpose, and uses; common pitfalls; and proper application
- Counsel Commentary | A deep dive into a recent Court or Board decision; law, regulation, or policy change; or other legal issue
- Innovations | A column designed to help navigate this time of vibrant change by sharing new and inspiring ideas, approaches, methods, and tools
- View from Across the Table | Understanding how the other side does business and their motivations are key to successful acquisitions
- Mile in My Shoes | Sharing personal experiences of working within this diverse profession- a success story, a challenge overcome, an inspiring anecdote, etc.
- Faces of NCMA | Spotlighting individual NCMA members, their experiences in the profession, and how the association has helped shape their careers