Professional and association news.
Contract Management News
- Raytheon is in the Hunt for a $3b Space Project — May 21, 2013
Even as spending is cut across the military, the final stage of a battle over billions of defense dollars is taking place at Hanscom Air Force Base in Bedford, where Waltham-based Raytheon and Maryland’s Lockheed Martin are locked in a competition to build a first-of-its-kind “Space Fence” to track orbital junk.
- Assailing Corporations is a Poor Competitiveness Strategy — May 20, 2013
As globalization and offshoring have ramped up, the left and right have both responded with failed strategies.
- Solar Industry Groups Seek Pact to Settle Trade Disputes — May 20, 2013
An international group of solar industry trade associations meeting in Shanghai last week has issued a joint declaration appealing to China, the European Union and the United States to avert a trade war and negotiate a settlement to disputes over solar panels, according to one person who attended the meeting.
- DoD Examines 3 Budget-Cut Scenarios — May 19, 2013
Senior US Defense Department officials are expected to present three budget-cutting scenarios to the defense secretary when they wrap up a wide-ranging review of military strategy at the end of this month, according to sources.
- Further Actions Needed to Address Challenges and Improve Accountability — May 17, 2013
The Department of Defense continues efforts to establish a business enterprise architecture (a modernization blueprint) and transition plan and modernize its business systems and processes, in compliance with key provisions of the Ronald W. Reagan National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2005 and amendments.
- Government Contracting Weekly: Tune In on May 19, 2013 — May 16, 2013
Episode 32 of Government Contracting Weekly is titled: “Adjusting to Federal Budgets”
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s World Congress 2013 — May 20, 2013
NCMA’s World Congress 2013 has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41. OPM Acting Director Elaine Kaplan issued a memorandum on May 15, 2013, stating “the agenda supports the development and ability of contract management professionals to make sound business decisions.”
- NCMA Announces Board of Directors for 2013–2014 Program Year — April 18, 2013
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is pleased to announce the NCMA Board of Directors for the 2013–2014 program year, which commences July 1, 2013. All members of the board will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress 2013 in Nashville, Tennessee, July 21–July 24, 2013.
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s Aerospace and Defense Contract Management Training Forum — January 30, 2013
NCMA’s 51st Annual Aerospace + Defense Contract Management Training Forum has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41.
- GCMC: An Equal Number of Government and Industry Attendees—Unmatched Opportunity — October 2, 2012
Attendees of the 31st Annual Government Contract Management Conference (GCMC) have an opportunity to hear from high-level government and industry officials while networking with equal numbers of other attendees from government and industry.
- NCMA’s 31st Annual Government Contract Management Conference to be held in Washington, DC! — August 27, 2012
More than 1,000 contracting, acquisition, and procurement professionals from both government and industry will gather in Washington, DC, for NCMA’s 31st Annual Government Contract Management Conference (GCMC).